If you’re interested in how web works, what is the purpose of network drivers and how they work, if you want to open Apache instead of it being another “black box” doing the work for you, apply for Execom workshops: Networks for developers – ground up.
A total of 5 workshops are organized by Execom, an IT company from Novi Sad which has been developing complex software solutions and nurturing excellence among its employees for 21 years.
Workshops will be held every other week at the Execom offices, starting with February 9th, 2017. Workshop moderator will be Petar Stupar, a software developer with over 8 years of experience on numerous projects.
He will be joined by guests who will try to share their knowledge and experiences of working with concrete tools.
We made a decision to organize this series of workshops in order to facilitate the path towards successful and faster reading and understanding of the source code and the official documentation. In addition, we want to encourage thinking about networks and network applications in a wider context.
What will I get from this?
- You will get the opportunity to meet colleagues who share your interests
- You will learn how to think about networks and network applications
- You will adopt the skills of easy reading and understanding of code and finding and reading the official documentation
- You will get a certificate of attendance
What do I need to know beforehand?
How can I apply to participate in the workshops?
Candidates apply by filling out the questionnaire with the purpose to show how motivated the candidates are, as well as their knowledge related to networks and network systems. The application form can be found .
Do I need to answer all the questions accurately?
No. The purpose of the questionnaire is to help the organizers with selecting the appropriate approach. Prior knowledge (previously defined in “What do I need to know beforehand?”) is preferable, but it is not the basic criterion for the selection.
Is there a deadline by which I can apply?
Application is open until January 29th, 2017.
When will I be notified of the selection results?
Candidates will be notified about their participation in the workshops no later than February 3rd, 2017. Please note that the number of participants is limited.
- Network infrastructure: The topic of the first workshop is hardware and software. You’ll get the chance to “have a peek” inside the network driver of FreeBSD operating system. Plus, you’ll be able to analyze an example of a Chat app written in C programming language along other participants.
- Network interfaces: We will talk about network protocols and standards. We will open Apache and PHP interpreter in order to have a better understanding of how they work. We are going to analyze an example of a Chat app written using Laravel PHP Framework.
- Web apps architecture: We will come closer to production systems by opening topics such as various app architectures and apps implemented as a collection of microservices. We will look into how Micro (framework for creating microservice apps in Golang) works. An example of a Chat app written in Golang i Angular 2 will be analyzed.
- The present and future of the web: Lastly, we enter the Cloud. We will discuss topics such as latency, persistency, and virtualization. Finally, we will see how we can implement a production-ready Chat app using Firebase service.
In case of any doubts or additional questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org