This year’s local Slush competition, offering Serbia’s startups a unique opportunity to showcase their work to a global audience at the Slush Conference in Helsinki, will be held in Belgrade on September 1, at the premises of the Innovation Fund, 11 am to 4 pm.
Serbia is one of 20 countries around the world that will organize local Slush competitions during the summer. Same as in 2015, this year’s competition will be organized by the Innovation Fund in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland. Ideal candidates will have a vision to solve pressing challenges globally (there are no limitations in terms of sector or geographical focus ); potential to scale; skills and drive to succeed; a business idea that has gained some traction, but can still be in an early phase, and at least a working prototype.
Best teams will be selected to pitch at the local competition. Three best teams to be shortlisted to the Final Selection Committee in Helsinki and all the shortlisted teams will be invited for the interviews with representatives from the Final Selection Committee.
The winner will be included in the “Global Impact Accelerator” Nov. 22-Dec. 2 and will attend the Slush Conference.
Last year’s winner and Serbia’s representative in Slush 2015 was Neopix, a young digital creative agency with offices in Niš and Belgrade, whose focus is primarily on web and mobile technologies. With video game for mobile platforms „They Mean Well“, they were among 14 startup companies that took part in the local competition for Slush 2015.
→ Application form can be downloaded here!
Closing date for applications is August 25, 2016. All queries about the Competition are welcome at email@example.com.
What is Slush?
Slush is Europe’s leading startup and technology event, which connects startups with international investors, executives, and media. In 2015, Slush brought together 15,000 attendees from one hundred nations for the two day event held in Helsinki, Finland. Read more at www.slush.org
What is Global Impact Accelerator?
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is a program created in collaboration with the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and multiple partners globally. The purpose is to create a leading global program to support startups that are looking to solve some of the most pressing global challenges and contributing to the discussion on impact investing.
What will the Global Impact Accelerator participants receive?
- Online pre-mentoring program organized for all the selected participants;
- Helsinki boot camp program from November 22–December 2;
- Skills workshops and capacity building with the leaders from all around the world
- Industry specific matchmaking sessions co-organised with the leading organisations
- Access to Slush 2016Slush matchmaking tool for organizing 1-on-1 meetings with investors;
- Opportunity to be featured in Slush 100 Pitching Competition & Slush Impact Showcase;
- Networking with NGOs, institutions, startups, media, and other stakeholders from the Nordics and beyond;
- Access to side events, such as Founders Day, organized during the Slush week.
- Transportation, accommodation and other program related costs will be covered by Slush.