This accelerator aims to support innovative ideas in the development of application solutions in agriculture and will be open for startups, SMEs, and in the first phase, for individuals with great ideas.
“Through just finished FRACTALS Project, the European Commision supported 46 startups and companies Europe-wide in developing applications for agriculture sector. These companies received between 50K and 150K euros. The total budget for this project was 5.52 Million €. KATANA will bring a new wave financial support with total budget of 1,2 Million euros.”
“Based on the previous experience from the FRACTALS Project, we are pretty sure that we will see a wide range of application solutions for ICT in agrifood. We expect highly innovative ideas that will be brought to life thanks to the KATANA accelerator”.
KATANA accelerator will identify innovations with the greatest development potential in agro and ICT sectors, as well as the new, fast-growing industries such as GPS, drones, Internet of Things, Big Data, and will create unique business and financing models. To the selected start-ups and SMEs the KATANA accelerator will provide access to knowledge, technology, capital and markets, with the overall aim of enabling competitiveness on a global scale and to foster cross-border and cross-sector cooperation.
Save the date! The first Open Call of the KATANA accelerator starts on the 1st of December, and will be presented in detail at the KATANA Info Day in Novi Sad, Serbia – when the project team members will provide guidance for applying.
“The top 10 most successful applicants will receive financial support of 100,000 €. In the first phase, we invite all interested to send a two-minute video pitch through www.katanaproject.eu and present their ideas.”
KATANA Info Day is open to all interested parties. Registration is mandatory via link below: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/katana-info-day-novi-sad-tickets-27519628951
- 13:30-14:00 . Registration
- 14:00-14:30 – A brief overview of the project FRACTALS
- 14:30-15:00 – KATANA: supporting innovative cross-border and cross-sector cooperation between startups and SMEs in agriculture sector
- 15:00-15:15 – Questions and Answers session
- 15:15-15:30 – How to get investment through KATANA: practical advice
- 15:30-15:45 – Questions and Answers session
- 15:45-16:00 – Short Break
- 16:00-17:00 – “One on one” sessions with KATANA team members. Get to know everything in a personal chat.